How to get to the HCO
The HCO encourages all users to travel sustainably to the site, where indeed it is possible to do so. In particular, we strongly recommend users to car share 3/4 + when travelling to the site. The aim is to reduce the amount of unnecessary single occupancy car journeys to the site.
The following website links will aid planning travel to the site:
- Plotting a journey to the site via car sharing, bus, train, walking or cycling: https://www.choosehowyoumove.co.uk/
- How to get to Leicester: https://www.visitleicester.info/good-to-know/travel-to-leicester
- Live train departures and arrivals: https://www.eastmidlandsrailway.co.uk/timetables-updates/live-train-search
- Leicester Station onward travel information: https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/posters/LEI.pdf
- Rail Tickets: https://www.thetrainline.com/
- Taxi firms in Leicester: https://www.freeindex.co.uk/leicester-taxis.htm
- Local weather: https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2644668
Parking on site:
Strictly no parking in the HCO premises or outside the main entrance. Any unauthorised parking on-site will be dealt with by the HCO.
Responsible off-site parking is encouraged at all times. The HCO discourages irresponsible parking including: blocking driveways, pavement parking or parking illegally on double yellow lines, at all times.
All users will be asked to be courteous and spread parking in the area including parking in the Humberstone Park car-park located on Saltersford Road, in order to retain the street car parking for Abbotsford Road residents.
Strictly no parking in the HCO premises or outside the main entrance.